Questions 1-7 which reviews exploratory research must be answered with critical thinking skills. Please answer questions in detail and support your answers with scholarly research citations where appropriate. Each response should be approximately 125 words using critical thinking skills.
1. Define qualitative and quantitative research. Compare and contrast the two approaches.
2. Why do exploratory research designs rely so much on qualitative research techniques?
3. Why do causal designs rely so much on quantitative research techniques?
4. What are the basic orientation of qualitative research?
5. Of the four basic orientations of qualitative research, which do you think is most appropriate for a qualitative approach designed to better define a business situation prior to conducting confirmatory research?
6. What type of exploratory research would you suggest in the following situations?
a. A product manager suggests development of non tobacco cigarette blended form wheat, cocoa, and citrus.
b. A research project has the purpose of evaluating potential names for a corporate spin-off.
c. A human resource manager must determine the most important benefits of an employee health plan.
d. An advertiser wishes to identify the symbolism associated with cigar smoking.
7. What are the key differences between a focus group interview and a depth interview?
There are faxes for this order.