Expository writing is a type of writing, the purpose of which is to inform, explain, describe, or define the author’s subject to the reader.
After reading the 1985 essay titled What is Computer Ethics?, [attached] by James Moor, write an expository essay (3 ??” 5 pages) that would assist you??”for your own use, but in a complete academic form and format??”in preparing for an interview with Dr. Moor. The essay should include all of the following from his seminal essay:
1. Explain what Dr. Moor meant by the policy vacuum in 1985?
• What does this mean to you today?
• Are there any current examples (i.e., minimum of two) of a policy vacuum?
2. Explain what a conceptual vacuum is, as defined by Dr. Moor?
• What comes first – the conceptual vacuum or the policy vacuum and why?
• Is a coherent conceptual framework necessary – why?
• Provide at least two relevant examples of the conceptual vacuum that may exist today.
3. Explain what logical malleability is, as defined by Dr. Moor? Provide at least one relevant example.
4. Dr. Moor likened the Computer Revolution to the English Industrial Revolution.
• Do you agree with his comparison ??” why or why not?
• Is the Computer Revolution complete ??” why or why not?
• Provide at least two relevant examples to support your argument.
5. Dr. Moor states that the invisibility of computer computations is ethically significant.
• Do you agree with his statement ??” why or why not?
• Provide at least two relevant examples.
6. Considering Dr. Moor’s overall essay ??” did he make his case for Computer Ethics as a field of study with special status ??” explain?
7. Prepare at least three questions that you would like to ask and discuss with Dr. Moor. The questions should reflect your insight into his seminal essay.
There are faxes for this order.