Write about a contemporary legal and/or ethical issue in the health care profession. (Chosen subject: Organ Donation) At a minimum, you must address at least 3 of the course’s learning objectives:
1. Analyze the ethical principles of human dignity, compassion, non-malfeasance and social justice.
2. Discuss the elements of autonomy, fidelity and confidentiality.
3. Explain the legal rights of individuals as they interact with health care services.
4. Explain the process, including cultural diversity, for ethical decision making.
5. Analyze the monitoring systems that ensure human rights, legal aspects, and quality health care.
6. Discuss the implications of the Patient’s Bill of Rights.
7. Analyze selected ethical and legal case studies that have promulgated precedent setting decisions.
The paper should identify the legal and/or ethical issue, provide the history of the issue, present current resources to address the issue, and provide alternative or better solutions for the issue addressed. Predict the future of the issue and the basis for either optimism that the issue will be addressed or pessimism that the issue shall continue.
You must use at least eight to ten academic sources or peer reviewed journals written within the last five years in the construction of your analyses.
Must include an introductory paragragph with a succinct thesis statement. Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought. Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph. Must include on the final page a Reference List that is complete according to APA style.