Technology provides opportunities for nursing students to engage in learning situations that previously required direct patient contact. Often students are not ready to make the critical decisions that are necessary once they are in the clinical setting because they have not had the experiences and practice prior to that time. Simulations and multimedia can provide opportunities for students to practice. As a nursing faculty member, you need to understand how to develop effective simulations and multimedia presentations that engage learners in interactive learning.
In this task, you will design two different technology-based interactive learning experiences in nursing. The first will be a simulation. This can be a virtual simulation or a case simulation that would be used with a simulation mannequin, such as “Sim Man,” which will include a case scenario and directions for how the technology expert should set up the mannequin. The second learning experience you will design is an interactive multimedia presentation.
A. Design a plan for an electronic simulation that will help teach nursing students a skill they will use in the clinical setting by doing the following:
1. Explain the topic or concept for the simulation (suggested length of 1/2 page).
2. Develop at least three learning outcomes that you will measure when the student engages in the simulation.
3. Develop a storyboard that shows how the simulation should appear when it is developed by a technology expert (suggested length of 10 frames).
4. Describe what the student will do in the simulation (suggested length of 1??”2 pages).
B. Design a plan for a multimedia presentation to teach a topic in nursing by doing the following:
1. Explain the topic or concept to be taught through the presentation (suggested length of 1/2 page).
2. Develop at least three learning objectives that will be represented in the presentation.
3. Develop a storyboard for the multimedia presentation (suggested length of 5 frames).
4. Describe how you will make the presentation interactive (suggested length of 1??”2 pages).
C. If you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Note: Please save word-processing documents as *.rtf (Rich Text Format) or *.pdf (Portable Document Format) files.
Note: For definitions of terms commonly used in the rubric, see the attached Rubric Terms.
Note: When using sources to support ideas and elements in a paper or project, the submission MUST include APA formatted in-text citations with a corresponding reference list for any direct quotes or paraphrasing. It is not necessary to list sources that were consulted if they have not been quoted or paraphrased in the text of the paper or project.
Note: No more than a combined total of 30% of a submission can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly. For tips on using APA style, please refer to the APA Handout web link included in the General Instructions section.
Customer is requesting that (rbwpenn) completes this order.