Hot topic’s name: Poker Machines (Hitting big or a big hit)
Perspectives: Gamblers; Hotel Industry and State Government.
1. Describe the issue (150 words).
2. Why this is an issue of justice or the common good (150 words);
3. Identify the people or groups who have a stake in the issue and analyse their perspectives on it. Why may some stakeholders not want the situation to change? (at least 250 words each perspective (3) The Gambler, The Hotel Industry and the State Government which in total, equals to 750 words).
4. Analyse the issue in terms of the common good and the principles that promote human flourishing (at least 250 words each perspective (3) The Gambler, The Hotel Industry and the State Government which in total, equals to 750 words).
5. In light of your analysis, how might the common good best be served in relation to the issue? (200 words).
1. Explanation of the issue as one of social justice or the common good.
2. Identification of stakeholders in the issue and critical account of their perspective in terms of social justice, the common good and advocacy for the most vulnerable.
3. Analysis of the issue in relation to the common good and the principles which promote human flourishing.
4. Critical reflection of how the common good may best be served.
5. Written and/or oral English expression including spelling and grammar.
6. Consistent and correct use of selected academic referencing style.
At least only 2 direct quote each page; number 12 font; 1.5 space; APA Style referencing; at least 5 years journal etc. In total, 2,000 words -/+.
This essay is based on Promoting Human Flourishing and Common Good. The Principles of human flourishing and common good are: Dignity of the Human Person, Common Good and Community, Preferential Option for the Poor, Subsidiarity, The Universal Purpose of Goods, Stewardship of Creation, Promotion of Peace, Participation and Global Solidarity.
1. Who is impacted upon? the answer: is the person (the gambler itself) and society.
2. Who benefits? the answer is the Pub/hotel and the Government through tax
3. Who suffers? the answers the family (eg. family breakdown, loss of job etc), the society and the person itself.
4. What Principle of Human Flourishing are impacted upon?
Possible answers are Dignity of a Human Person, Common Good and Community, Subsidiarity etc…How? losing self-control and values. (Note: not all principles are applicable though).
5. How can the needs of all involved be best met?
Possible answers are counselling for him/her and or with the family, self-exclusion, put the ATM’s machine away from the gambling area and set limit on cash withdrawals to $250.00 per card etc
I hope, it is clear enough for you.