Assignment 3: Leadership, Teambuilding, and Communication
Use the Internet to research a company for which you would like to work.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
1. Examine traditional, contemporary, and emerging leadership theories and interpersonal forms of
power. Create a profile of the ideal leader for the company you researched in which you describe
the most appropriate leadership characteristics in terms of leadership style and interpersonal
forms of power; and how these characteristics impact organizational performance.
2. Based on your research, analyze the organizational stressors (e.g., task demands, role demands,
physical demands, and interpersonal demands) to determine their likely impact on organizational
performance as well as how those stressors could be addressed.
3. Analyze critical elements for effective group and work team performance to determine the steps
you would take to develop an effective team or work group within the company you researched.
4. Identify potential sources of conflict within the group or work team. Evaluate the five (5) conflict
management styles (e.g., competing, collaborating, compromising, avoiding, accommodating)
and explain which style of conflict management is most appropriate for the potential sources of
conflict described above.
5. Determine potential barriers to communication, how these barriers may impact group and work
team performance, and two (2) recommendations for addressing them.
6. Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Address Each Question “Not in Essay Format” Use Questions in Paper.
? Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all
sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format.
? Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student?s name, the professor?s
name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not include
the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
? Analyze the issues related to workplace stress, including responses, consequences, and
preventative management of stress.
? Analyze the communication process within organizations through traditional communication
methods and technology.
? Evaluate the critical elements of groups and works teams, including group behavior,
development, and decision making.
? Examine traditional, contemporary, and emerging leadership theories and their related impact on
? Analyze the causes of conflict, consequences, and resolutions to group conflict within
? Use technology and information resources to research issues in organizational behavior and
? Write clearly and concisely about organizational behavior using proper writing mechanics.