VERY IMPORTANT! Please follow the exact steps list below : 10 STEPS
FYI – I THOUGHT Data Consistency, Integrity, and Security would make a great topic since thats the area i’m studying i.e is Information Security
EXPECTATION: do a comprehensive literature search and survey, select and study a specific topic in one subject area of database systems, and write a technical paper on the selected topic. The technical paper you are asked to write can be a detailed comprehensive survey on some specific topic or the original research work that will have been done
REQUIREMENTS and Instructions for the TECHNICAL PAPER:
1. The objective of the paper should be very clear about subject, scope, domain, and the goals to be
2. The paper should address the important advanced and critical issues in a specific area of database systems. Your research paper should emphasize not only breadth of coverage, but also depth of coverage in the specific area.
3. IMPORTANT! The research paper should give the measurable conclusions and future research directions (this is your contribution).
4. It might be beneficial to review or browse through about 20 to 30 relevant technical articles before you make decision on the topic of the research project.
5. The research paper should reflect the quality at certain academic research level.
6. The paper should be about at least 16 to 20 pages (double space) in length.
7. IMPORTANT! The paper should include adequate abstraction or introduction, and reference list.
8. IMPORTANT! Please write the paper in your words and statements, and please give the names of references,
citations, and resources of reference materials if you want to use the statements from other reference articles.
9. From the systematic study point of view, you may want to read a list of technical papers from relevant magazines, journals, conference proceedings and theses in the area of the topic you choose.
10. For the format and style of your research paper, please make reference to either ACM , IEEE journal articles or SCIS Dissertation Guide (I CAN SEND YOU THIS LATER IF YOU PREFER),
POSSIBLE TOPICS FOR WRITTEN REPORTS
Data Consistency, Integrity, and Security
Data Models and Data Modeling
File Structures and Access Methods
Integrity Conditions or Constraints
Query Languages and Query Optimization
Security and Authorizations
Transaction Processing and Management
Hierarchical Database Systems
Network Database Systems
Relational Database Systems
Object-Oriented Database Systems
Distributed Object-Oriented Databases
Federated Databases or Heterogeneous Databases
Object-Oriented and Object-Relational Databases
High Performance Databases
Trusted Database Management Systems
Audio/Video Database Systems
Client/Server Database Systems
Geographical Databases and Information Systems
Hypertext/Hypermedia Databases (Object)
Image, Pictorial and Visual Databases
Mobile Data Management and Communication
Multimedia Databases and Information Systems
Real Time Database Systems
Software Engineering Databases
DATA MODELS and DATABASE MODELING:
Extended ER Model
Enhanced ER Model
Complex Data Model
Extended Relational Data Model
Functional Data Model
Non First Normal Data Model (NF2)
Object-Oriented Data Model
Semantic Data Model
Universal Modeling Language
Complex and Composite Objects
Database Design Methodologies
Database Design Automation and Database Design Tools
Database Security and Recovery
Graphical and Intelligent Database Interfaces
Heterogeneous Systems and Interoperability
Incomplete, Imprecise or Uncertain Information
Knowledge and Expert Database Systems Applications
Knowledge Representation in Artificial Intelligence and its Connections with
Knowledge Discovery and Machine Learning in Database Systems
On-Line Analytical Processing (OLAP)
Referential Integrity Constraints and Applications
Rules and Triggers
Semantic Data Models and Modeling
Semi-Structural Data and XML
Single and Multidimensional Index Schema
SQL Standards and Standardization
Transaction Processing Benchmark
Work Flow Management
There are faxes for this order.