-3 page comparison/contrast paper on “The Destructors” and “The Rocking-Horse Winner.”
– (I will fax you both short story.)
– Thesis statement: one sentence that reflects main points in outline.
– proper headings and page numbering as required by MLA format
– type double – spaced, with ragged right edge (justify off) with a one-inch margin on all four sides including the bottom margin.
– papers will be in standard essay format which includes an introduction, body and conclusion.
– The introduction should also include the thesis statement.
– Each paragraph should be properly developed. A one of two sentence paragraphs has not been developed.
– Each assignment should have a title.
– When writing about literature use the present tense.
– The title of the work being discussed and the author’s full name should appear in the first sentence of the introduction. After that the author’s last name (only) is used.
– Title is placed in quotation marks
– Avoid addressing the reader directly ( In this paper i will discuss…) or introducting brand new material or information in the conclusion.
– Things to avoid in formal writing:
a. slang (kids, okay, guy, etc.)
b. use of second person (you)
c. contractions (can’t woundn’t)
d. glaring errors (sentence fragments, comma errors, subject/verb agreement, pronoun antecedent agreement ect.)
PS.WRITER is the person i want to write my paper.
There are faxes for this order.