The class this is for is: MGMT 820 Business Operations and Process Management / College of Management and Construction
Name: Book Review (Final Exam) – Quality Without Tears
Prepare a 3-page concise book review of your chosen reader. Be sure to consider all of the following in your review (not necessarily in this order):
1. Write a statement giving essential information about the book: title, author, first copyright date, type of book, general subject matter, and ISBN.
2. State the author’s purpose in writing the book.
3. How did the book affect you? Were any previous ideas you had on the subject changed, abandoned, or reinforced due to this book? How is the book related to your own course or personal agenda? What personal experiences you’ve had relate to the subject?
4. How well has the book achieved its goal?
5. Evaluate the book for interest, accuracy, objectivity, importance, thoroughness, and usefulness to its intended audience. What do you agree or disagree with? And why? Illustrate whether or not any conclusions drawn are derived logically from the evidence. Explore issues the book raises. What possibilities does the book suggest? What has the author omitted or what problems were left unsolved? What specific points are not convincing? Comment on parts of particular interest, and point out anything that seems to give the book literary merit. Relate the book to larger issues.
6. Summarize (briefly), analyze, and comment on the book’s content. State your general conclusions. Would you recommend this book or article to others? Why?